Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My query for WriteOnCon


Super heroes used to exist. They protected society from the threats of super villains and mad scientists. People used to look to them for safety. One day, seventeen years ago, everything changed. The heroes accused the rest of the world of being lazy and deemed it undeserving of their protection. 

Sixteen-year-old Mark Novak lives in Springfield,Illinois, which is run by an demented man. He is an ordinary boy whose favorite class in school is History of the Superhero and has a huge crush on a new girl. One walk into the woods with his friends changes his destiny forever. 

Mark and his friends start to develop powers after a chance encounter with a hidden base in the forest. Even though they barely understand what is happening, they will be forced to face down threats from science gone horribly wrong and the consequences a few acts of standing up for ones self can cause. Along the way, they begin to uncover the answers behind the disappearance of the heroes and that they may not be the heroes everyone thought they would be. Mark and his friends are faced with a choice. Use their powers and save their failing city or standby and let things take their natural course. 

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, sounds like an interesting concept. I like Superheroes, so this would appeal to me.

    I came over from a link on the Quintessential blog. I heard you're a relatively new blogger.

    It's not too late to sign up for a 3-day blog I am hosting called "The Dog Days of Summer." It's laid back and a great way to meet and interact with new bloggers.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed you from the QQE. Good luck with your query. I hate writing those things. Which is probably why I never do.

    ReplyDelete